If you start at the bottom and go to older posts..you can follow the timeline

Friday, March 2, 2012

Worst Interview Ever

I will say out of 36 interviews...I had really great interviews.  This one was horrible...  I walk up to this gloomy company that makes screws and nuts.  I can just hear the jokes now!

I walk in and the office is dark, dingy, carpet had 100 different shades from stains, smells like oil and the fluorescent light is flickering.  I think they filmed Joe Verses The Volcano here.

The guy takes my application and resume.  He said, "The man will be out soon to interview you".  I am waiting and my phone dies.  It beeps, red light comes on and I read on the screen 'battery is drained..run for your life woman'.  'The man' stands in the doorway and says, lets go.  (i'm thinking...I don't wanna).  He is wearing a white lab coat that is stained and dirty.  He is probably about 203 years old.  As I walk by the guy who took my application..he looks straight ahead.  Voice loses all tone and he says 'good luck'.  Good luck like you will lose your soul or body parts, because they chop them up and keep them in a deep freezer in the back.  Interview was horrible.  He asked me how many dependents I had and then called the kids 'it' not he/she.  He asked me what marketing experience I had:  I told him creating relationships, working with our partners and vendors, creating an in-depth marketing plan including a website, business materials, social media, while focusing on capturing data and the closing ratio.  He then said sarcastically: And you call that marketing.  I am looking around  for a hidden camera and crew to come out...seriously this has to be a joke.


No comments:

Post a Comment