If you start at the bottom and go to older posts..you can follow the timeline

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Decisions...Decisions...

Saw a great article on job hunting.  Do you look for the same career, seek another industry or branch out and go on your own.  I am seeing the trend of others looking outside the box.  That is why I am looking to start my own business.  I am taking the skills that I gained from all of my jobs..focusing on those areas that I am an expert in and what I love to do.  A few tips she suggested when seeking a new job:  LinkedIn, Networking (finding 20+ people you have solid relationships with) and seeking the top 50 companies.  Pleased to know that I was on target with all of this.  This is how I was able to have 35 job interviews.  It is a helping hand from these avenues and then it is up to me to get the job.  I didn't get the jobs because I was not qualified.  I KNOW I could have handled all of the jobs.  I was well-equipped to take them all on.  There were just so many candidates that were BETTER equipped than me.  Oh well...their loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment