If you start at the bottom and go to older posts..you can follow the timeline

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dec 9, 2011 We Are Eliminating Your Position

I walk in the office and my boss...well former boss says,  "Nikki..we are eliminating your position."  My response looking him in the eye and with great confidence, "I Know."  He looks at me perplexed.  After he explains why they are doing this, I get an opportunity to question the reasoning.  I find out that the owner, who let me go, never knew of my great business and marketing plan I created so as to help his bottom line. I suggested, asked, inquired, yet every door stay closed for me to increase their sales. I worked my tail off and was the face of this company.  I created relationships and brought sales to the door. I know what needed to change, but no one would listen.  Things had been moving this way when I got the email.   Awww..corporate america at it's finest.  I asked if I could send out my farewell email...he said yes.  I was floored that he said yes.  I then had to ask..is 'today' my last day. It was! Holy cow...I then say, "please tell me there is a compensation package of some sort."  Nope!  Nada!  Nothing!  I always imagined Corporate America mentality being with a big company.  CEO with multiple layers of important suits!  Nope...Corporate America can be tiny with few layers.  He then looks at me and says how did you know today was your last day?  I smile and say "Are you being serious?"  As I start rattling off the reasons... his face gets red and see him get smaller in his seat.  I stop after clue number 29 lol, as I didn't want him feeling too bad! Jeesz! I TELL him you need to speak to your boss and get me a compensation package of some sort.  A week before Christmas I receive the email denying my request.

No comments:

Post a Comment